Online claiming allows you to quickly submit claims to the Medicare and DVA services.
To submit online claims, we use a pre-paid credit system - each successful transaction costs 1 Claiming Credit and you can combine multiple claims for a single client to reduce costs.
Credits can be purchased from Practice > Setup > Claiming Credits.
To begin using online claiming with Medicare or DVA, you will need to:
1. Got to Practice > Integrations > Marketplace.
2. Enable Medicare/DVA Online Claiming and click Configure.
3. Click Create Group at the bottom right corner, add a Name in the pop-up window and click Create Group. The Group will be set as Active by default.
Label the Group with the same name as your Location to avoid any confusion.
4. Click Add to add Providers to the Group.
5. Select the Provider and their appropriate Provider number in the list and click Add provider.
6. To add more Providers, click View Providers, then click Add Provider in the pop-up window and repeat step 5.
7. Once your online claiming is set up in your Nookal account, you will need to contact Medicare/DVA eBusiness on 1800 700 199 for the online claiming/banking form(s) relevant to your business.
Setting up a new online claiming integration? Ask your Medicare representative:
8. Fill in the Medicare online claiming paperwork, make sure you include the Minor ID/Location ID to the Medicare Forms before submitting to be processed by Medicare.
You Minor ID/Location ID can be found in your Medicare setup (Practice>Integrations>Marketplace>Medicare), next to the name of the Group for the appropriate Location.
Once approved by Medicare, you are all set for Online Claiming.
Claims are automatically marked as Client Reimbursement if there is at least one payment (of any value) on the invoice.
If there is no payment made on an invoice, the claim will be automatically marked as Bulk Bill.
A client 'part payment' or 'gap' cannot be charged in addition to the amount claimed from Medicare. Bulk bill claiming must be submitted to Medicare for the final value of the service.
Claims can only be cancelled while they are in the queue to be processed - once processing begins, you will need to wait for Medicare / DVA to process the request.
To cancel a claim that has been placed in the queue, open the client's invoice, click the View Online Claim Status button, select the items to cancel, and click "submit".
To see a list of the claims you have submitted for a specific period, simply visit Practice > Reports > Online Claiming and run the report for your chosen time period.
Remember: The status of each claim is generally updated overnight.
This information is correct at the time of writing. Always check with Medicare as to how your clinic should make its claims.