Account Credit can be added in different ways depending on the reason why the Credit is added. Account Credit will be shown as an option to pay new and existing invoices.
If a Client pays before an Invoice is generated, the simplest way to record the payment is to create a Credit.
1. Head to the Client Accounts section. See "Using the Client Account Section" if you need help accessing this section.
2. Click Add Credit, at the bottom right.
3. Enter the Amount.
4. Select the Payment Method from the dropdown list.
5. Add a Reason for future reference.
6. Click Add.
7. The Account Credit amount will be shown in Green at the top of the Account section and the Credit in the list with the invoices.
8. Click on the Credit line to see more details or edit the Credit.
When processing a refund, you can choose to add the amount as a Credit instead of refunding the client, see "Processing a refund" for more information.
If you make an adjustment reducing the total amount of an invoice after the payment was recorded, it will automatically create an Account Credit.
When adding a Credit from an Adjustment or a Refund, the Credit will be linked to this Invoice. Voiding this invoice will also void the Credit.