With Nookal, it is possible to import Client and Contact data from a previous software or from a spreadsheet you have saved on your computer, as long as it is in a compatible format to .csv files. You can export CSV files from different programs such as Microsoft Excel, Apple Numbers and other spreadsheet software programs.
The import tool is only used to import Client demographics and Contact details. If you wish to import additional data such as client accounts, appointment history, clinical notes, documents, etc, please get in touch by creating a ticket and we will assist you further.
Once you have your files, you are ready to upload them.
1. Click Practice, at the top of the screen.
2. Click Integrations then Import Data in the left side menu.
3. Select which type of data will be imported, Clients or Contacts.
4. Click Choose file to browse in your computer files and select the file you want to upload.
5. Click Upload. The selected file's title will be displayed.
These next steps are very important to make sure your importation will be accurate.
6. Select which Location you want your data to be connected to, All Locations or only one.
7. Select if your document has a header or not.
8. Choose if you want the data to be added to existing data in your Nookal account or if you want them to replace the existing data.
9. Verify that each field of data contains the right type of data under CSV Data or click on the arrow to change it.
Make sure the dates are in the proper format (DD/MM/YYYY) because they are often formatted as a standard number when exported in the CSV file. If it is the case, you will need to change the format using a spreadsheet software (e.g. Microsoft Excel). This needs to be done before importing the data otherwise the data will not be recognised and the date fields will be empty.
10. Click Add Data.
11. A pop-up window will confirm the upload is being processed. Click OK.
12. The Upload Queue will show you the files pending. It can take a few minutes to a few hours to be uploaded depending on the amount of data to upload.
13. Once the upload is Completed, the status will be updated.